Friday, March 25, 2011

PC dramas...oy vey!

So, the PC tech says it's "just" a fried video graphics card.  They can do a "cheap" one for $85 plus the $70. they already charged for the diagnosis.  No labor charge...which is nice. The NVIDIA card: GeForce 9800 has a 'lifetime' warranty. Whose lifetime? I did Google searches and seems BFG, who manufactures the card, is going out of business and NOT honoring their "lifetime" warranty.  Geez....that is a $160. card.   So we dug around and found the original video card that came with Skip's PC way back yonder...before we upgraded so he could do gaming.......   I have a Dell XPS400 whose hard drive died last year. We dust it off as it sits on the floor because we don't know what to do with it...so while the guys are in the guts of Skip's PC, may as well add another memory card to expand the memory  (can I do that for my BRAIN?  I need a "plug and play" memory upgrade!!!!)   I pulled a memory card from the "parts" PC, and they installed that and the original video card. Skip is up and running...but not without frustration and driver updates..but hey, he's back!!   Life rolls on, and this is nothing compared to what is going on in the world.....but I have to say, I don't know what I'd do without MY PC.....so ...it's a big deal for this moment in time.

Glass of vino sounds good right now.    Ah! Santa Fe Siesta Red, take me away!

Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment