Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glorious Thursday

Yet another blessed day dawning.  I need to develop the 'attitude of gratitude'.....I try...really I do!  Trying to learn to 'let go and let God' and rest in Him.  I am certainly a work in progress....!

Had a "down" day yesterday but today is a better day.  I have them from time to time.  Missing family and long time friends back East.  LOVE living here....however, not the same as having family close.   My dad, brother and his family live in MO. A dear uncle and cousins live in New Mexico. Skip's mom is here in the Springs, so family IS near...not my children and grandchildren, however. Hmm...a mom's heart.  My daughter-in-law sent me a precious picture of one of our sons holding his children.  It was priceless.

Looking forward to horseback riding tomorrow.  Weather is forecast to be awesome so I am hoping!!!!
We had horses for over 20 years and NOT being around them since moving here, gets to me sometimes so this is my "fix"....A dear woman, Carol, who is in the Air Force Football tailgate group we belong to, offers to sponsor once a month riding through the Air Force Academy grounds....thousands of acres...and it is a piece of heaven to be on horseback riding in that Rocky Mountain paradise.

Dragged the Kindle out yesterday and read "A Dog's Purpose."   Interesting view of life from the dog's perspective.

Hoping for a great day for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment